Sexuality and Disability is initiated by a Mumbai-based nonprofit platfrom, Point of View, which focuses on women’s perspective on media and culture, and feminist human rights organization CREA, which promotes and protects sexual rights of all people and is based in New York and New Delhi.
Insightful entries on the website enable us to look into the perspectives of women with disabilities. Among the blog entries were bold personal narratives such as a young woman’s reflection on life after being disabled for 10 years, a man's thoughts and experience on dating a wheelchair-bound woman, and an actress’ chronicle on being a disabled. One entry provides an overview on how to recognize and respect the rights of people with disabilities as sexual citizens, which includes;
- Enable them to deal with love, sex and relationship without fear, guilt or shame
- Treat them in an age-appropriate way, regardless of physical and mental capacity
- Ensure they are not vulnerable to risk or harm
- Uphold their privacy, dignity and confidentiality
- Help them talk to professionals without being judged
- Encourage them to discuss their sexuality
- Place their individual needs at the centre of care and support
This group helps Indonesian women go through unplanned pregnancy.